Course Choice Events
Ever since 1995, AOUG members have assisted the Open University in various ways at events where existing or future students can seek information about Open University courses.
The name of these events are normally now referred to as "Open Events."
These may be:
- Special one off events where a programme is arranged and AOUG are invited to do a short presentation to visitors
- Days held at The Open University Office in the Region or Nation where representatives from all the Faculties display their course material
- Days at local study centres where OU staff answer any questions
- Drop in events at local libraries where an Open University representative is available to answer queries on any subject.
AOUG members offer their services to the OU Offices to help at any events in any way we can.
- Presenting a prepared address about studying with the OU
- Directing visitors to different display tables, to the toilets, to refreshments
- Serving refreshments
- With a small AOUG display stand
- Answering questions about their experience of study
- Giving advice to new students.
- Talking to students embarking on their final year, about AOUG
If you are an AOUG member and wish to assist at these event please contact your Executive Representative or contact AOUG Office.
If you wish to study with the OU and would like to learn more about course choice events, visit the OU website.