Getting Involved Regionally
Regional involvement will give you a true feeling of belonging to AOUG and help you to understand how your Association works whilst also having opportunities to help the Open University itself.
- Attend a regional event
- Get to know your Executive Representative
- Arrange an event for any regional members to attend
- Take an unofficial role for the region - make refreshments - sell raffle tickets etc
- Be part of a support group to assist the Regional Representative
- Discuss AOUG and OU affairs
- Take an official role for the region - Regional Newsletter Editor - Events Secretary - Treasurer etc.
- Start an interest group - theatre group - quiz team - walking
- Assist at a AOUG Regional Award Ceremony
- Assist at an OU open event
- Represent AOUG at a Civic Reception
- Represent AOUG at a OU Degree ceremony